No of servings : 4
- Paneer : 1 cup
- Onions - 2 big(chopped)
- Tomatoes - 1
- Green or Red pepper - 1/2
- Ginger garlic paste - 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
- Red chilli powder - 1/2 tsp
- Green chillies - 2
- Coriander powder - 1 tsp
- Cashwenuts - 10(grinded)
- Kasturi Methi
- Seasoning - Cumin seeds
- Salt - as needed
- Cut paneer into pieces and fry the paneer with oil in low flame till they turn light brown
- Heat oil in another pan and add cumin seeds
- When it splutters, add chopped onions
- Cook onions in a very low flame for 5-7 mts with salt so that its gets cooked thoroughly and dissolves in the curry
- Add the ginger garlic paste and green chillies and fry for few mts
- Add the turmeric powder, chilli powder and coriander powder. (You can add some water to avoid the powder to avoid getting burned out
- Grind the green chillies and tomatoes to a fine paste. Add the grinded paste to the boiling mixture.
- Grind the cashewnuts in a mixer and add it to the mixture. Cashewnuts help in thickening the curry
- Rub Kasturi methi leaves on your palm and sprinkle on the mixture.
- Cook the mixture in a medium flame till the raw smell of tomatoes and pepper are gone.
- Add paneer cubes and mix it well.
- Curry is ready to serve with rice/roti
Optional : Add big chunks of onions if you like onions and want the crunchy texture