This is one of the 'easy-to-prepare' but yet 'good-to-taste' dinner. You can think of this dish when you are tired of making dinner but looking for something tasty.
No of people - 4
Rice Sevai - 4 cups
Green chilli - 1
Onion(big) - 3/4
Tomato(medium) - 3
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Cumin powder - 1/4 tsp
Coriander powder - 1/2 tsp
Pepper powder - 1/4 tsp
Mustard - 1/4 tsp
Cumin seeds - 1/4 tsp
Curry leaves - some
Salt - to taste
Lemon - 1/4 tsp
1. Boil water and immerse rice sevai when the water bubbles up
2. Cover the lid and set it aside for 5 mts
3. Spread the rice sevai in a big plate to cool.
4. Heat oil in a big pan and add seasoning items
5. Saute green chillies and onion.
6. Add salt to taste, turmeric powder and wait for onions to become transparent
6. Add tomatoes to the mixture and saute till it gets smashed and mixed well.
7. Mix cumin, coriander, pepper powder and finally add lemon juice
8. Add the mixture to the cooling sevai and mix thoroughly
sevai is ready to serve. Note : In spite of spending hours of preparation on other dishes to satisfy elders, this is the only dish for which we got a 'good' certificate from parents.....and its very easy to make ...good going...catch you soon.