As others, we are also new lovers of bell pepper family(Capsicum). I feel, Capsicum tastes delicious when its half cooked. So I was skeptical on making this recipe as this is basically a curry style and it makes capsicum fully cooked. To my surprise, its not a "Oh, not again" kind and its worth a try
No of servings - 5
- Onion - 1
- Tomatoes - 5
- Green Capsicum(aka Bell Pepper)(Medium) - 1
- Red capsicum(aka Bell pepper)(Medium) - 1
- Ginger - 1 inch
- Garlic - 5 pods
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
- Garam masala powder - 1/2 tsp
- Salt - to taste
- Oil - 2 tbsp
- Heat oil in a pan and add ginger garlic paste.
- After the strong smell reaches your nose, add onions with salt
- When the onion shines, its time to add some tomatoes
- Let the mixture cook in high flame and wait for tomatoes to get mushy
- Add green and red pepper and allow it to cook for 5 mts
- Add the turmeric, masala powder and simmer down for 10 mts.
Serve with rotis and paratas.