Friday, February 15, 2013

Okra Dosa

This is one of the best recipe I have ever tried and it tastes as great as okra. I believe no one can say "no" to okra and dosa. And both mixed together in a recipe is simply great. Adding green to food gives satisfaction for parents having picky eaters at home.  I should thank my friend "Latha Kalyan" for introducing this recipe to me. Since I got to know the recipe, it has been lingering in my mind and looking for a perfect time to try it out. This is my first trial too but we all loved its flavor. And I know it would be one of the most demanding recipe ever.
Okra Dosa

Ingredients
Flat Big Spoon
  1. Idli Rice - 2 cups
  2. Raw Rice - 1 cup
  3. Okra - 18-20
  4. Green Chilli - 1
  5. Salt - To taste


Method 

Okra Dosa Flour
  1. Soak Idli rice and Raw rice in water for 4 hrs as you prepare the regular idly/dosa flour
  2. Cut Okra into small pieces and set aside (Exposing the cut okra to air would lessen the moisture and sticky nature)
  3. When the rice is ready to grind, grind first the okra in mixer
  4. Grind the rice in the grinder. On half way, add the grinded okra and green chilli
  5. When the flour is smooth enough to make dosa, remove it from grinder
  6. Add salt to taste and mix the flour well
Okra Dosa
  1. Heat the dosa tawa and spray oil if required
  2. Dilute the okra flour to reduce the viscous nature. Make sure to check the consistency before applying on the tawa
  3. Spread the flour with flat spoon and wait for few seconds. Turn on the other side and remove it from flame when ready. 
  4. Okra dosa magic is with the flat spoon
Goes well with all chutney and sambar








No comments: