- Mushroom - 1 cup
- Onion - 1 (Big, chopped)
- Tomatoes - 1(Big, chopped)
- Coriander seeds - 1 tsp
- Urad dal - 1 tsp
- Channa dal - 1 tsp
- Red chillies - 1-2 (to your spice level)
- Black pepper - 1/2 tsp
- Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Curry leaves - 1/2 tsp
- Salt - as needed.
- Cut mushroom to 4 pieces and keep it aside.
- Dry roast Channa dal, Urad dal, Coriander seeds, Cumin seeds, Red chillies and black pepper till the mixture turns light brown
- Grind the dry roast mixture to a fine powder
- Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds.
- Add the chopped onions, add salt for the onions to ooze out water which eases out onion cooking
- Add the chopped tomatoes, wait till the tomatoes are thoroughly cooked.
- Add the cut mushrooms and let it cook for few mts with little water.
- Add the dry roast grinded powder. You can add a half cup of water to avoid burning of raw spices.
- Let the mixture be in simmer for few mts for the raw spice smell to go.
Spicy chettinad mushroom is ready and it goes very well with Chappathi....