My world revolves around Paneer these days as Paneer dish is the first word that my kids utter when given a choice. So I have no choice and looking all around to get something new with Paneer all the time..But this Paneer butter masala is good for people like us to who Paneer is not the piece of cake but still would look for some rich gravy with rice/roti.
- Paneer - 1 cup(around 20 pieces)
- Onion - 1/2
- Big Tomatoes - 3-4
- Ginger - 1/4 tsp
- Garlic - 4 pods
- Cashew nuts - 10
- Coriander powder - 1 tsp
- Garam masala - 1/2 tsp
- Red chilli powder - 1/4 tsp
- Heavy cream(or Milk) - 1 tbsp
- Butter - 3 tbsp
- Kasoori Methi
- Salt - as needed
- Heat butter with 1/2 tsp of oil in a pan and add ginger garlic
- Add onions and saute with salt to bring in some moisture.
- Add tomatoes and cook the mixture in low flame for 10 mts.
- Add in the cashew nuts and all the spices(coriander powder, garam masala, red chilli powder)
- Remove the mixture from flame after few mts and keep it aside
- Grind the mixture in a mixer
- Heat little oil in a pan, fry paneer cubes in low flame and keep it aside
- Heat oil in another pan, add the grinded mixture and bring it to boil
- Rub in kasoori methi for the restaurant style flavor and add the heavy cream(or milk)
- Add paneer cubes and boil the mixture for few mts.
- Remove the mixture from the flame and the delicious panner butter masala is ready to serve with Rice/Roti.