I have started making fried rice regularly as the school has started and kids demand on fried rice is more these days :). Its absolutely delicious and reminds me of my childhood memories . Those were the days when we look for all opportunities to have fried rice...But I didnt know its very easy to make until I tried once.
- Basmati rice - 2 cups
- Beans - 1/2 cup
- Carrots - 1/2 cups
- Green pepper - 1/2
- Paneer - 2 cups
- White Onion - 1
- Green onions - 2
- Garlic - 6-7 cloves
- Pepper - 1/2 tsp
- Soy sauce - 2- 2 1/4 tsp
- Red Chilli sauce - 1/2 tsp
- Salt - as needed
- Oil - 4-5 tbsp
- Boil basmati rice with water(ratio doesnt matter here...but if you are particular use rice: water 1:2) in a vessel for 10 mts.
- Add half of the salt to the boiling rice
- Drain the water and cool the rice in a large plate
- Fry paneer with little oil in low flame for few mts till it turns light golden brown
- Heat 3 tbsp in a pan and add garlic
- When the garlic starts turning light brown, add onions and salt
- Then add vegetables one by one in every 5 mts(I added first beans, then carrots and then green pepper)
- Cook the vegetables in low flame for 5-10 mts till the raw smell is gone
- Add the pepper powder and mix well.
- Add the paneer to the boiling mixture and saute in low flame
- Now its time to add our favorite soy sauce and chilli sauce which gives the chinese fried rice flavor.
- Head the mixture for 2-3 mts. Add green onions and remove it from the flame
- Add the mixture to the rice and mix throughly but slowly
Paneer fried rice is ready for attack :)